Sunday, November 20, 2005

Full House

I was curious of the fuss over "Full House".

I rented it at S$11/-.

The drama suffered from the typical ailment of its peers and that is, too many redundant scenes. I enjoyed the show for its first quarter until the life of the leads in the house kept repeating itself. Misunderstanding/third party appears - bicker - leave house - break up - make up - have lunch/dinner together. The story picked up at the last two episodes where the storyline moved towards positive changes to the leads' life rather than drone on and on describing misunderstandings and miscommunication.

Song Hae Gyo looked gorgeous and fashion-lovers can look out for her in the show for pretty sound fashion advice if you are into colourful skirts and dresses. Despite not having a proper job in the beginning, she seemed to have a overflowing wardrobe. I have only seen one or two skirts appearing more than once in the show. It's a fashion fiesta when she appears! Even her costume jewellery never repeated themselves except for a heart-shaped metal piece. I liked them, gave me some tips over how to match my clothing, but it probably was a bit over the top. It truly had "no repeats", I mean who in real life has a wardrobe like that....hmmm....pardon my ignorance if I happen to shoot someone with this line here. Ha. I've also realised short petite girls like her can carry off short skirts and stilettos very well, not towering and yet appear slim and light.

The male lead...erm..I've been wondering, do we call him "Bi" or "Rain"? or Bi = Rain in English? He wasn't good-looking, no definitely not, but he makes up for it with his towering height and to-dy-for-6 pecs figure, the show wasted no time showing his 6-pec abdomen and defining biceps. I felt his acting was several notches below Song Hae Gyo though. Nevertheless I did like how he handled crying scenes. He utilised his childish smile at some odd timings as well. Duh, do I get rotten eggs thrown at my face by Rain's fans?

All said, I still give it a 7/10 for entertaining me at the beginning and at the end. SHG's wardrobe and the simple yet ideally located house did help add some points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!