Everyone's getting married and the comatose me still feels a twinge of zannen aka regret (loosely used).
What bliss it is to discuss about diamonds, about finding a house, about when and where to tie the knot. I am out of the circle and there's really nothing to say but 'Congrats' - to first announcements of marriage, 'wow, so sweet' - to romantic proposals and 'OK, I need to go on diet.' - to becoming the 'sisters' for her big day.
My days pass just as full of activity except in that particular direction towards having 2 to row the boat across Atlantic - to quote a Korean drama. I'm rowing alone in a sampan with one oar looking out for fish and water.
No matter what I say about not caring about becoming a dried up spinster, I do care in the deep recesses of the heart. It's the stubborn, prideful streak that says, what isn't mine really shouldn't be mine. It's sad thatLife goes on, trodding on the same path with no runaway carriage or highwayman to snap me up and gallop into the sunset or Gretna Green for that matter.
To make things worse, I am seriously considering what my guy friend jokingly proposed - an illicit affair. *mentally sniggle - he's quite cute mah...* But I know he really isn't serious.
The few years before my 30th birthday is projected to be testing for me.
I should go for a honeymoon and buy a diamond for myself. Bah!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!