We had a cook-out session at a friend's place to try out the Bombay Bryani spice mix we bought from Mustaffa. My pride was dented as a friend issued orders for this and that and commented on how I was too slow in cutting. This friend, an expert on cooking, took over the wok, rearranged the recipe and cut my contribution to zilch. I like to cook but am still an amateur. Sometimes I'm good, most of the time I suck but it is seldom that my food is inedible. All in all, it wasn't a great day of learning for me.
On the other hand, whenever I meet with these messed up emotions, I seize the chance to unravel my flaws.
I don't easily accept criticisms. I forced myself today to readjust my perspective there and then. I stepped back, accepted what my friend had to say and tried to absorb the good advice. I pat myself on the back for restraint on my tenacious temper honed from the weekdays.
Another thing I discovered is that there should never be more than one woman holding fort in the kitchen. Plate washer - OK, ingredient cutter - no problem. Another woman who has her own idea of cooking and is not shy to show it - uh definitely No-no. At least for me. I shall stick to my modus operandi and toil in the kitchen alone till I'm confident enough.
If ever that day will come...hurhur...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!