Monday, August 10, 2009

I Love Singapore and not just on 9th August

I find it extremely easy to say that I love Singapore unlike some of my friends.

They expressed misgivings over the changes Singapore underwent (or still undergoing) in order to keep up with the times. As I have learnt since Sec 2 and funnily, from E-Lit, that change is the only thing that does not change.

I do see the best parts of all the alterations, upgradings, renovations, demolitions that are carried out across my homeland. Although, I have indeed lost some concrete memories, like my primary school building that has given way to another more popular school about 15 years ago, or that my secondary school building where I have spent some of best formative years had been demolished so that its primary affiliate can expand.

I am not saying it is not saddening or that my friends are wrong to feel anguish. I just think that some things in life are inevitable. We cannot hold on to something that cannot last the times, neither do we want to see our favourite joint/haunt degenerate until it is abandoned, left to free will. We can still hold on to our feelings/memories, is not that what is close to our hearts?

I admit that I have ever thought about migrating at some moment or other. I envy Australia's beaches, parklands and their work hard play hard attitude. It is the 4Fs -- family, friends, FOOD and the familiarity that Singapore wins hands-down.

Singapore is my home, no matter what happens to her, She will remain just as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!