Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I have stepped out - and I have won.


It is hard to describe this happiness, one that is tinged with exhilaration for overcoming a difficulty, and one that is filled with gladness of newfound friendships. I have stepped out and joined a singles activity. I now know J - a nature lover with a heart of gold. I now know X - a simple, straightforward, cheerful person who is a scientist at the same time. I now know K - someone who has the street smarts, maturity and yet does not fail to charm me with her sweetness (helped me hit a mozzie at my elbow) and decency. Yes, all of them are gals. I may have not returned from Chek Jawa with a potential romantic interest, but I have arrived on mainland with new found courage to know even more wonderful people.

3 comments:

  1. we share the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to know that I am not alone. ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine has no number assigned to him. #8 refers to our 8th date. Sometimes #1 and #2 appear because of other dates.

    ReplyDelete

Show me your thoughtshapes too!