Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year Resolutions

These few days, I have asked friends and have been asked in return on whether we have made any New Year resolutions. Perhaps of our age (the jaded ones...), none of them actually did. Well, neither did I, but the difference is, I do intend to make them. ;) I just have not think it through yet.

Of course I know that making promises to do this this this or that that that almost always ends up forgotten even before the end of the year. BUT, the optimistic me (trying very hard to be...) feels that making new year resolutions is a meaningful process for one to reflect on the past year and think through on what is important.  It signifies hope for the future and reflects the basic need for Man to better himself.

It's also a kind of a wishlist and if done right, it is a plan, totally do-able, entirely up to your own efforts.

And of course, we tend to make the same wishlist year after year, well no harm done, it just reflects an old hope that you still yearn to fulfil. One day you just might!

This new year, I wish everyone to be happy, have lots of hope for the Year 2011. Make a new year resolution, maybe just one, you may find your heart pumped up full of adrenaline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!