I have always harboured thoughts that he will contact me again. After the last message I sent him in year 4 of our separation, we never saw each other again. Neither did I hear any of his news.
So many things have changed and yet my feelings have not. Like skeletons in the closet, they have turned into an emotional baggage that I have dragged around for everyone to see, and until everyone got tired of seeing it. They were deeply buried in the basement.
In that lonesome moment of waiting at the bus-stop after visiting Y, I texted him.
"So, you are still using this number?"
"I have been using this number since I got back. Erm. Sorry, I may have lost your contact. May I know who is this?"
"Haha! It's Z. Where were you before?"
"My name's K. I don't think I know you."
"Uh huh? Are you kidding me? You never had any sense of humour."
"Really sorry, I am very sure we have not met."
OK, at this juncture, I was almost convinced he was trying to avoid me, until I noticed his apologetic tone that was not his trait.
"Aren't you X?"
"Sorry, I am not."
"But you carry his number...."
"I got this number a year ago, probably this number has been...recycled. ;) "
"I am so sorry! Sorry to have disturbed you at this hour."
"It's OK."
Recycled! Who would have thought of that.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!