Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Catching up



I have known her since I was 13. I think I saw her as a good friend, but on retrospect, 
the feeling may not be reciprocal. She was one of the smartest in class with an acerbic tongue but I was never a victim of it. I am always amazed by her excellent school results even with a 2 week long chicken pox medical leave. You can say I did idolize her so much so that I wished she called me her friend. 

We hooked up on Facebook and exchanged numbers many years back. We never called each other but we wished each other happy birthday every year after that. I knew she appreciated that because I read it on her blog.

She does not know I am privy to her thoughts, or whatever she let on on wordpress. I considered telling her but it might be awkward, for her. I mean, she will suddenly write with an audience in mind. I would think that, if I knew I had a regular reader. 

We arranged to meet. She hardly changed, a little skinnier than when I last saw her. She is still a complainer, with a flavour less tart than resigned. In truth, I pity her. I waited for her to ask how I was, it never came. I listened patiently as I always do and interrupted infrequently with my anecdotes. Suddenly ripped with a throbbing headache, I asked to go and wondered for a while whether I should see her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!