Funny that a horror movie could make me reflect on the topic of Life and Death.
I watched "Red Candy 2" last night with my new friends from Japanese class. The movie was not to die for but it probably achieved its desired effect since more than half the time my face was hidden behind my big black bag. Too scary lah!!
The lead actress screamed, pleading with her boyfriend to leave her and escape. He didn't and urged her to fight on and live. At this point, I did think of how Life is so precious that the urge to live might help to cheat fate (or ghosts for that matter). So, I thought there was hope, but well, the guy died a painful death though the girl was spared. To Live on means there is hope, to Die spells the end of all things - except suffering and pain - for your living loved ones. So, the option of death should never be so easily chosen.
On the way home, I was shot by the thought of mortality, of what happens after my death. Do I float around in the wilderness, do I appear in heaven or hell perhaps? Or will it be something like sleeping, unconscious, unknowing for eternity? I prefer the last one......that sounds more restful...
Though the movie did leave me thinking about some heavy topics, but I didn't think it was a good show. My opinion may be biased since I practically missed half of it. (muahhahaha) Compared to "Ringo" aka "The Ring", I felt it wasn't as meaningful. But I did notice the leads, beautiful people.....Mimula, Asaka Seto (have I seen her before?) and this tanned handsome bloke who looked like one-half of Kinki Kids (you know the Kindaichi detective stories lead?).
Looking out for the next movie to watch, which one?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!