Celebrated my friend's birthday over drinks. It's hard to explain but although we have not met for about 3 months, we still manage to keep the conversation rolling. We had so many things to say, to update each other about.
Finished a whole bottle of Chile red wine La Troya or something, was too dark and I didn't bother remembering the name. It was watery but it tastes smooth and we need not squint at every swallow. There wasn't much alcohol content, I guess, as it didn't have "viscous legs", something I learnt in Australia at a wine appreciation session. But, but I couldn't balance myself after I leapt off the high chair to the ground. I stumbled but righted myself again as I had to help my "a bit more drunk than me friend" to her feet.
Felt good, warm and woozy, felt like sleeping. Is this the sensation when you are at the abyss of drunkenness? I was drunk, I admit, but I didn't feel like vomitting, I could do times tables in my head then and I had better sense to call a cab when my friend insisted she could make it by MRT when she couldn't walk straight.
I think I cheated myself I guess. I reined in my control over the woozy mind. I had to be the sober one until I reach home. When I let loose my stiff body, I was swaying and had a sleeping, sheepish grin on my face. Scary.
Old friends are still the best, let loose and be let loose. Till my birthday, will get intoxicated again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!