Have you ever thought of how your wedding should turn out?
I suppose it's every single girl's secret dream to have flowing white trains, champagne, garden party, dances, the honeymoon and most importantly, your love: the strapping soon-to-be-husband beside you who is going to share the rest of your life from then onwards.
Today I attended a wedding lunch. My neighbour's daughter married a British guy. The food was good, needless to say as the host is a caterer. I love spicy, Malay food by the way. As with all traditional Malay weddings, the ladies received an egg, ours were lavishly packaged in golden sachets and inside (besides the egg) lies a beautiful golden hairpin. The men received mothballs in cups. Dunno why.
Their extended family turned out to help out with the cooking, the serving and the hosting. It was truly a family affair. It was quite unlike chinese weddings which entailed almost nothing of family efforts. Yah, maybe only to attend the wedding banquet...and to be late.
If, and if I really do get married, I would like to:
1) Scrap the banquet and in its place, organise an intimate dinner for immediate family and close friends.
2) Go on a honeymoon to rural Spain or France, somewhere quiet, romantic with big green meadows.
3)have minimal photo shoots in the studio, I hate posing.
What would you like to have?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!