Living in a tropical country has deprived me of the pleasure of enjoying changing seasons. Instead of spraying dry leaves from the trees in autumn, we had the shooting rays of sunshine, instead of the snowing skies, we had the pelting rain.
More often than not, I think I would enjoy the change in the attire as the seasons change. Colourful scarves and jackets for winter, lovely cardigans for the autumn. Women are clotheshorses....haha.
My favorite season is still winter. In my country, we experience more rainy days in Nov - Dec than any other months, so I think that qualifies as our winter. Although the rain spoils our plans for outdoor activities, I always enjoy the short time before the storm.
The warm air smells musty with grass, the wind swirls the leaves around you, the sky look ominous with the darkening and rapidly moving clouds. Flashes of lightning threaten to strike where they please. Then it rains, big pelts of raindrops beat on on the ground with unrelenting force. The aftermath of grassy smells and clear rays of sunshine show us that although the skies have presented us its worst, actually it has offered us respite.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!