Thursday, August 25, 2005

OT Dinner

Just bought dinner for the workers. My dad and I call it 5Cs and 4Ms or 2Cs and 1M, and any other permutations. C refers to the chinese and M refer to Malay - Halal food. Actually we have 3 Indians and 1 Malay but they don't mind having the same type of meal. So there, all halal food for them.

Before I joined my dad's company, my dad will order only 3 types of food for the Chinese workers. Hor fun or fried rice or gung ho (hor fun dried style). My dad has NO style!! HAHA. No one dares to tell my dad straight in his face that they have been eating hor fun for three days running. Even on alternate days, Hor Fun can be nauseating!

Now, we have rare days of fried rice, mixed rice is the norm and it'll be mee goreng, nasi briyani or murtebak for the Indian and Malay workers. We tend to save more if it's mixed rice average $2.50 each compared to $3.00 in the past.

Indian food tend to cost more especially if it's bought at the coffee shop. When we are free, we go to the hawker centre further away, where we can get fabulous Halal food for $2.50 each compared to $3.20 at the coffeeshop.

We buy in bulk so we are considered big customers, hence people tend to remember us better. Yesterday, I decided to ditch my usual mixed rice stall for the one beside it. Today, I bought from the usual stall and I got the mild scolding from the lady boss for "yi qing bie lian".

Methinks: "Aiyah! They always sell the same dishes, of coz I must alternate mah!!"

The coffeeshop Uncle Boss talks to me often about his children and his pig heart. Yes, he truly has a pig's heart, air flown from US, sustaining his body. So, when I pass by the coffeeshop without stopping to drink anything, I just stoop low and walk really fast. Hmm, I think I need a camouflage from these well-meaning Aunties and Uncles.

But, you feel life is good when you have so many people acknowledging you when you walk past.

Think Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!