Monday, November 07, 2005

Wise words

Had lunch at Din Tai Fung with a good friend on Saturday. I expressed my wish to move out and live on my own in due course.

She said it's sad to live alone, with no one to take care of you and no one for you to take care of. Imagine going home facing four walls. (That appeals to me now!!) And if you fell ill and died in your home, no one will know. It's a lonely, pathetic, no-one-cares-about-you life.

I've started to cultivate an anti-social lifestyle and I've developed an immense liking for it. Solo-baking activities, solo-movie-watching activities, solo-tv/VCD-watching, solo-web-surfing, solo-music-listening, solo-shopping are my favourites. But I can't help noticing the side effects: Crankiness, bad-temper, unable-to-tolerate-people-whom-I-think-are-lesser-than-myself, rebelliousness, nonchalance, rude behaviour, reckless driving. Thankful for my friend's wise words, I don't want to be ruined.

I will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!