Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Unleashed (Unedited) thoughts from watching Memoirs of a Geisha

Watched Memoirs of a Geisha last night. I thought it was a typical hollywood set-up with excellent cinematography. Though, I wasn't particularly touched by the storyline. The story, I thought, wasn't really told properly. This feeling, I got to admit, may not be fair because I have not even read the book! Btw, I think Zhang Ziyi is an excellent actress - her acting is unspoilt and pure.

Funnily, it got me thinking in many other directions. (I wonder why movies fail to let me think what they want me to think, See Red Candy entry.)

I thought of these (extremely incoherent, reader beware):-

The power of a woman is unsurmountable.

*************************************************

怪不得有些一国之君只爱美人不爱江山

*************************************************

英雄难过美人关

*************************************************

Unleash the power of tight tees, skirts, short shorts, heels and revealing dresses

*************************************************

The power of a woman's body, her seductive ways that could catch a man's eyes and bring any man to his knees, begging for more. The show of the inside of the wrist, I was told, rewards the man subtly when the geisha pours tea for him. The press of her thighs against his when she gets up, shoots thrills up his spine and his attention is ensnared. Her fluid movements as she dances make man dream of wanting the forbidden fruit, her mizuage (roughly translated: The chance to be her first man.).

*************************************************

The world of the man and the woman is a complex one, especially after civilization/economic progress/feminism/equality happened. Woman become like man with male responsibilities in addition to her female instincts. We are indeed becoming complex, ambiguous creatures with conflicting wants and needs. We want independence and yet we want a shoulder to back up to. We want men to like both our feminine traits and man-eater habits. Now I think, men are the poorer creature.

*************************************************

I've been wearing skirts recently and did (amazingly) turn some heads (or so I was told). If I was wearing plain pants and shirt and tied up my hair into a severe ponytail, I get nary a glance . Is that discrimination or what? Pure marketing at work.

*************************************************

A love interest once asked me: When can I see you wear a skirt?

*************************************************

And I replied: When I get suitable heels first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!