I signed up for the SCB 10km run but I didn’t go, my mum went in as my substitute and I warned her not to get first prize or anything like that. Anyway, she went and got herself a 1hr 47min for 10km. Kinda ruined my record, though mine was not much of a record anyway. She brisk walked instead of run but managed to kick up her heels for the last 100mtrs where there were cheerleaders clapping and cheering her to finish the ordeal. Think she likes the cheering part best. ;=)
I had to take JLPT. Tons of people there at the Japanese school in Changi and the mood was sombre. We had to sit in chairs made for 4 to 7 year old kids. The awkward posture made my neck crick.
My first two papers went down albeit with some fight. The vocabulary was mind-boggling and listening comprehension set off many “huh?! Huh? HUHs?! In my head. One fellow examinee even “tsk” at one point. What’s the use, the lady in the radio won’t slow down the rapid fire Japanese. If I pass, it will be a miracle. Anyway, it’s already at the back of my mind as I gear up for my pre-advanced classes. Once Kinokuniya sales starts, I’m going to stock up on assessment books. That is why I am on a budget right now.
9th December 2006
My birthday, again. This year presents a nail-biting me, 3 years away from the big three-oh.
Love life – zero.
Career – so-so. Looking forward to a change, but not right now.
Personal upgrading – Excellent taking into account progress made in Japanese.
I splurged and got great viewing tics to Sandy Lam’s concert. The concert was fantastic. Sandy is a pure Diva and a powerhouse. This explains why I am on a Sandy mode right now.
Raining gold on Sandy
Sandy on the screen
10th December 2006
Best Friends celebrated my birthday. We retreated to Sentosa and found almost the whole of the Singapore population there.
Tiramisu - my bday cake
My wish before I blew out the candle was to have lots of money. Yes, I am so typical. I hope I didn’t jinx it my saying it. My brother’s wish for me/him was to have me find a boyfriend, get married and move out of my room. Yah, the last part is his greatest wish. Bah, that’s what brothers are for, ain’t it? Make you touch ground.
Sentosa: Let's get bubbly
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!