Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reject

My friend once asked me what kind of guy I was looking for. I replied with a tight smile: "Someone who likes me." She grimaced and said I'm not that bad for a partner.

I was totally wrong. Whilst the condition as stated was nice, humble, brief and simple, it contained none of the essence of my intended answer. In fact, I have never thought much about it, now that I come to think of it. The answer should be: He must like me. I must like him too.

Recently, I received some unwanted attention. As he belonged to a group I have movie dates with, I have to be civil lest he sets upon the self-righteous against me. Ha! Kidding. The self-righteous don't exist. I made them up. The rest are great people who know that they should not interfere with things out of their hands. Anyhow, he's a nice guy in the eyes of the group. I think he's nice too. But it all ends there. Nice, I never truly like nice. I am not nice either.

I also found out one more thing about myself. Physical aspects do matter to me, I must be physically attracted to a guy to like him. Crooked teeth, big hips, smelly clothes and a mushy body is a put off. I wonder whether I am shallow that way. But I have decided to be true to myself. I cannot want a companion for the sake of one. Compromise is akin to violating one's spirit. If it's shallow, so be it. It's my life, I did not invite unwanted attention.

I have dealt with him with my nasty body language, I hope he understands. Time heals a lot of things, rejection being one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!