Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughts of getting away

I am going to Sydney - again.

I am not grimacing, in fact, I am giving myself a little cheering smile
The decision was derived amidst personal chaos in September last year. I wanted freedom, I wanted to get out, I checked with my friend, opportunity beckoned me, and I booked the best time out.

From the time between booking the ticket to flying off, there were trickles of regret. It was indeed an impulsive decision, one I made without checking with my family. I have had enough of family. Too much closeness does actually snuff out...I don't know...the feeling that I should spend more time with them...instead I feel that I should go away.

It's a 6D5N holiday, with nothing much planned between me and my friend and her hubby, but lots of R&R, beach time, walking tours. It will be a perfect holiday for me.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes, all it takes is some balance. some "me" time so as not to feel stifled.

    ReplyDelete

Show me your thoughtshapes too!