My parents and I went house hunting today. The prices range from 400psf (cluster SemiDs) to 800psf (pte condo in exclusive neighbourhood). Buying a pte property in Singapore is such a heartache, they are oh-so-expensive. After an afternoon's trip, I'm having second thoughts.
I love my current flat. It's a 1min walking distance to kopi-tiams, the market, 3 supermarkets and a nature reserve and my favourite running route, and you know what - it's paid up. What more do I want? Ah! yes! The quietness, away from the riff-raff, the lovely PES (pte enclosed spaces) & the POOL.
If the prices remain, it's unlikely we will buy anything. It's not a loss actually. We (or rather I...haha) have decided another way of really enjoying life is to go away on more overseas trips. Say a million dollar worth of condo can buy me say 800 trips in my lifetime for my family and me? How's that for a calculation. No loans, no debts, I think this alternative gives us less stress and more time.
"Life is not too short to enjoy, it's just that death is too long." - gleaned from a T-shirt I saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!