Monday, January 25, 2010

Sometimes I must encourage myself a little...

I can say that I am quite pleased with what I have done in Year 30. I started volunteer work since May 2009 and managed to last till August 2009. I pat myself on the back and marvel at my perseverance, willpower to wake up very early one Sunday per month to travel from the West to East to clean up the plastic strewn Pasir Ris Beach.

The next month I was busy with 10 reading sessions with a child every week for about 2 months.

Am I spreading myself too thin? I didn't think I was. It was easy to forgo joys of shopping, watching tv, or simply lazing around for feel-good moments of doing the right thing. Time was spent very productively.

I am going to take a well-deserved break - take some liberty to pamper myself with the steam room at my gym, breaking in new books (that are starting to grow mould at the edges), go on photography trips (I have concluded I have no talent, so I have to make up with hard work...).....

Year 31 begins on a good note....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!