
This is my first time on a truly DIY trip. The whole vacation was decided only about a month before we set off, one that gave me a week of sleepless nights as I mulled over the accomodation plans , transport details and worthy places of visit.
As with all travel schedules, mine turned a bit topsy turvy but we had a truly enjoyable time. If we felt tired, we slept in. We made it a point to be in bed by 9pm. If we liked a place, we stayed as long as we liked. So, maybe a few destinations were missed out, we told ourselves, it will be an excuse to go again next time. ;=)
I was surprised that we managed to catch the sakura at the Ueno Park. It was week 2 of April, although some sakura trees had finished shedding its petals and already sprouting brilliant green shoots, there were some that waited for us to appreciate their beauty! In perfect good weather, no less. It was an interesting image of overlapping seasons.
I can't decide which place I like better, Tokyo or Kyoto. I like Tokyo for the ubiquitous JR that brings me from Shinagawa, to Tokyo to Ueno to Shinjuku and Shibuya. I like Kyoto because of the sakura strewn banks of Kamo River and the hilly Arashiyama.
Again, again, must go again!! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!