Saturday, February 26, 2011

He's back Part VI

I am getting ready to spread my wings and fly away.


K's reply was not empathetic.

"Unrequited love has no bearing in today's world. If a guy does not contact you at all for years, forget him. I don't want to sound like a movie but - He's not that into you."

I was enraged at first at his insensitivity. He wanted my story and after I have given it, he tells me what he thinks of it. Of course, I know he's right. I have been on that train of thought many years ago. But my heart tells me otherwise. And only recently I felt pain start to fade away, as I came to terms of the circumstances of my life. If something does not go your way, and no matter how much you try, it still doesn't, accept it as it is, and walk away. When a door closes, a window opens.

So, I replied him with equanimity.

"Yes, I have stepped out, I have tried to get know other people. Maybe me contacting him was a lapse of judgment."
"Hah, sorry, that was a shoot off my mouth. I just can't stand seeing people nursing their pain, licking their wounds, when there are more meaningful things to do, exciting people to meet."
"Hey, I just recovered and am seeing it clearly now, do cut me some slack."
"Hur, ok. You know what. In the name of spontaneity. We should meet."
"OK, why not. I may be a 50 year old hag and you, a 90 year old Uncle."
"Yes, hack hack hack (mimicking coughing sounds)....it'll be fate. ;)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!