Monday, February 28, 2011

He's back VII

The road, it's there, walk it.

So there I was at the cafe by the river, sipping Caramel Macchiato, the concoction that gives me a high and wee bit of a headache. Then I saw him approach from the entrance of the cafe, and all my romantic notions fled.

He's a grizzly bear of a figure, with a full beard, much like a version of a Santa Claus in his late thirties. Very jovial looking character, I would say. No, not the lean, scholarly, be-spectacled type I envisioned (or romantized him to be...). I mentally shook my head and stood up.

"Z?"
"Yep, that's me. K?"
"Haha! Great to finally meet!"
"Huh? We are not that chummy leh..." I joked.
"Haha! That's you alright. I just, well something cropped up and I have to complete what I came here to do quickly."
"Huh?"
"I know X."
"Huh?! So...sorry? What did you say?" My tone went higher up another pitch.
"I met X, and he told me to look for you, to tell you something."

My heart was pounding and I stopped breathing.

"Hey Z! Relax, breath like what you did in Pilates!"
"Oh my, how did you know I do Pilates?"
"OK Z, my time here has been cut short and I have to tell you what I came here for. X wants me to tell you he loved you once, the birthday card he sent with the multiple hearts was a declaration. You just didn't catch it. When you left, he was at a loss of what to do, he just poured his heart out into his studies and tried extremely hard to move on. He met another on a work trip and fell in love again."

I was speechless and managed to blurt something out.

"Why are you telling me this? Why now?"
"X is no longer here living with you people. His life was prematurely cut short. I met him on the Other Side."
"Who are you? How did you get to meet him?"
"I'm Agent K. We are able to transverse from This Side to the Other Side. Sometimes, you people call us Angels. Look, I know this is a shock to you, but I didn't have time to disclose this gently, The Other Side needs me."

I took a gulp of the coffee. I was a fan of the paranormal, I enjoy X-files and Fringe, but this is getting a bit heady for me. I think K's nuts, but I played along.

"I know about X's feelings actually are, we were probably too young and impulsive then. What else did he say?"
"X asked you to move on, he sees The Right One coming for you soon. X has the sight, he's destined for an Agent's as an afterlife."

K saw me purse my lips.

"Ok, I know what you think. Logic of This Side does not apply in our conversation. Clear?"

I nodded, still pursing my lips.

"X's love will always be with you. He loved you. He just went on to love someone else because you were not around. X knew you have not come to terms with that."

I mentally shook myself. Was this what I was after, after all these years?

I widened my eyes.

"You have gotten it in, haven't you? You should let go of X, go to The Right One, he's right ahead." Look!"

Across the river, I saw a lanky man wearing a grey tee. He is holding onto a camera with a humongous zoom lens aimed at our direction. He put down his camera and held his hand over his eyes, shielding them from the sun. He waved at us.

"He's going to be your neighbour soon. I will introduce him to you. Don't blow this. We need all the Love we can get on This Side. "


                                        ~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for the writer's notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!