Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Taking some time to do nothing and be grateful

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the busiest days of the week as I am having lessons after work from 7pm to 10pm. I stay about 15mins from school and from there to my workplace is a mere 30mins. Travel time should never be on my list of grouses, figuring that my classmates live and work in far flung places like Sengkang and Yio Chu Kang. But this consecutive day lesson scheduling is taking a toll on me. I'm starting to develop moments of dizziness likely developed from fatigue. I just realized I'm not 18 anymore. 

This revelation is mind-hurtling and heart-hurting. But then it's such a motivation, one tends to overdo things a little and squeeze every ounce of time to try to cater for almost everything from serious family errands to self-inflicted whims like this degree course is. 

Time passes fast like how I joined the STRun in the Park at 7am, went shopping and returned home in the early afternoon. I still have the rest of the day before Sunday ends. Long Sundays are a bliss to have!

I'm happy to make full use of my time but , at times,  I do want to pause, cut a tiny slice from the time pie to do absolutely nothing. Absolute bliss in this noisy world we have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!