Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New marriage model

Second sister and I seldom have a quiet moment, but we did on the way home after dinner with first sister. 

"So are they ok? Or same old, same old?" Asks second sister.

"I hardly ask nowadays, she doesn't want me to prod." I replied.

"I would not be surprised if nothing's changed!" Second sister picks her way across the grass.

"Out of our hands, she wants it, even if she's unhappy." I grimaced at the shiny skypark.

"Ugh, why tolerate?" Second sister growls.

"Was he like that in JC? I mean you guys should know." I eyeballed her.

"He was effeminate, yes..but he should like girls, that's why he courted her with sonnets and poems."

"Maybe he was unaware and still is in denial now?"

"Huh! But after so many years and you still cannot decide whether you are in or out of the closet?!." I can almost hear Second sister spat.

"Then, he's a real jerk for hanging on like this! My friend! Treating her like a chauffeur, making her lonely even on the same bed!" 

"I think she feels inferior, so she just hung on, an in name hubby is better than no hubby, yes?"

"宁缺毋滥。"I retort.

"Sure, sure, some of us are not as brave, we want to be like everyone else, to feel desirable, worthy of companions."

"...seriously, I'm starting to avoid first sister. I think I'm losing my respect for her."

"....." 

"But I'm full of guilt for feeling this way, but I can't help it! I know I should support her but..."

A new marriage model, I say, to neatly sum up that relationship. It's a half-hearted attempt to justify regaining my respect for first sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!