I had tuition sporadically during my school days. Did it help? Oh, yes it did. It gave me the discipline to get on with it, to clarify doubts, to practise doing and writing at home. Is it necessary? I would say no, however.
If I had the discipline and a questioning mind then, it wasn't required, really. All one needs to do well is to listen carefully to school teachers in class, ask questions, read and practise at home, and then ask questions again. Thereafter, repeat the procedure all over again until it gets embedded in your mind.
Not tough, isn't it? But it took me years to realise the simple logic. Right now, I'm back to school, taking a second degree course, it rings true, just as well.
Tuition takes up the time that could be used for leisure, family time, hobby time etc. It stunts the child from developing other parts of the brain. Parents must believe they can do without tuition. Sadistically, parents who think that by shelling out the moolah they can rest on their laurels, is in fact relieving the crucial responsibility of teaching the child themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me your thoughtshapes too!