Saturday, November 16, 2013

From having an opinion to sitting on the fence

Respect slips fast and furious. 

Today, a friend posted an 2010 article on five reasons not to visit Singapore. He highlighted his agreement with the Singsporeans' being conformists...while he is an anomaly. Well, he did not elaborate, neither did the article, so I could hardly take on a bull without horns. So I commented that I hoped he'll  change his mind soon as Singapore is evolving. He replied on how diversity and differences makes the world a better place. That, I can accept but what has that got to do with my comment? Is he persuading me to respect his opinion (and never to change it)? Or Is he saying that I am blind to my country's faults? He is switching between having an opinion to pretending to be politically correct. That, is hypocrisy. That, I take offence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!