Thursday, March 19, 2009

Notes from An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

Pg14-15 ~
The only picture of the whole Earth - taken when the space shuttle is between the Moon and the Earth with the Sun behind the Moon forming a straight line.

The Earth looks like a luminous blue spherical jewel with swirls of white (clouds) intersparse with green (forests) and red (soil). It is a touching picture, worth revisiting time and again.

Pg100-101~
"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place, we are entering a period of consequences." Winston Churchill, 1936.

Scary words, if this does not adequately say what we have done, I think nothing can.

Pg196-197~
"The maps of the world will have to be redrawn." Sir David King, U.K Science Advisor

I swallowed.

Pg 254-255~
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." Mark Twain

http://www.climatecrisis.net

I have done too little, stemmed from my laziness, and the oh-too-convenient ways of our world.
But I think I can-
1) Get a box to contain recycled papers in the office.
2) Not buy a car - ever.
3) Remember to bring my tote bag to contain my buys when I go shopping.
4) Think before I consume.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your thoughtshapes too!